Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hannah's Scrappy Skirt

I've been collecting scraps from all the baby carriers constructed over the years. The batiks would make a beautiful quilt, so I thought. Hannah had something else in mind. She has been asking for a mama-made skirt....preferably, a broom skirt aka gypsy skirt or pioneer skirt. Or, in this case, a scrappy skirt. We gathered all the coordinating scraps we could find. After all the cutting and sewing, we still had to purchase a bit more. But, the time and small purchase was worth it. Hannah has a fun-flowing skirt that she can enjoy for a couple years.

                          
Hannah and I have made skirts similar to this for several years. This time, we wanted a fuller skirt. Pinterest was our go-to place for searching for a "fuller" skirt. We found directions to one that looked promising. It was a little fuller then I would have liked it to be, but that's something easy to change for the next time. I also would have liked it to be longer, but I did not have enough material for a longer skirt.  We decided that this skirt would cost a lot of money to make, especially with the Batiks, if you did not have scrap material laying around.  I'm thankful for all the scraps we save. It turned out nice, and Hannah is happy with it. Now, if only I could get motivated to sew my holiday crafts.
 
Here's the link to the skirt description from Pinterest:

1 comment:

  1. Boy, the crafty ideas you come up with and get inspired by!

    ReplyDelete